3267 Bee Caves Road Suite 107-104
Austin, Texas 78746
email@example.com • 1-888-898-9960
March 10, 2020
The International Association of Workforce Professionals remains committed to hosting it’s 2020 Workforce Development Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June 28 – July 1, 2020.
The health and safety of our attendees and staff is our uncompromising priority so we are monitoring and will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 outbreak closely. Given the tenuous situation, we have decided to extend our early registration discounts to Tuesday, March 31, 2020. This date coincides with many of the concessions being offered by the travel industry and will allow our guests additional time to make informed decisions about their travel plans.
Our research shows that most air carriers are offering customers the ability to change their travel plans without penalty, on tickets purchase on or before a specified date. If you have purchased airline tickets, we encourage you to check with your travel partner. We have provided links to most the major airlines servicing the Pittsburgh International Airport below.
In the interim, we encourage you to take all precautions necessary to keep you and your family healthy and safe. Below are just a few of the recommendations being offered by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization:
- Use proper hand etiquette. Wash your hands OFTEN with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, after going to the restroom and after visiting public areas where you have had contact with frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, handrails, tables, desks and phones often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid handshaking. Use other non-contact methods for greeting.
- Avoid food sharing.
As we get closer to the conference, we will work in tandem with our host hotel, the Omni William Penn to ensure preparations onsite include necessary precautions to provide a healthy and safe environment.
Should you have any questions, please contact Jill Bent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Rogers, IAWP President